Deep Tissue Massage Professional Course
Deep Tissue Massage Course
Deep Tissue Professional Workshop
1 Day Course
This course is recognised by FHT for 5 CPPD points . In order to qualify for FHT points or to add Hot Stones to an FHT insurance policy you must hold an accredited Full Body Massage qualification which is QCA regulated (ie VTCT, ITEC, NVQ or one recognised by the GCMT).
Deep tissue massage focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue. The body work aims to release the chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep finger pressure on the contracted areas, either following or going across the muscular fibres, tendons and fascia. So techniques typically include Neuromuscular Technique (NMT) and Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy [TPT].
- What is the course content?
- Who will benefit from this course?
- What does the course include?
- Entry requirements
- Contact Us
- Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
- Warm up techniques for deep tissue massage
- Deep Tissue Massage Techniques eg NMT & TPT etc, use of knuckles, fists, elbows and forearms to gain deeper pressure safely.
- One day workshop including tutoring & practical
- Personalised course folder containing all course content & additional notes
- Refreshments throughout the course
- Informal teaching style allowing course members to ask questions and make input
- Numbers are limited so teaching is kept on a personal level
You would not add this seperately to your insurance as you are merely learning some new techniques which fall under Body Massage, but to practice massage on the general public you must be a holder of a relevant massage qualification (minimum Level 3); as a knowledge and understanding of anatomy, physiology and physical therapy is required.