Recognised by FHT for 10 CPD points. Insurable by all major therapy insurers*
Focusing on the deeper layers of muscle tissue, Advanced, Deep Tissue Massage releases chronic patterns of tension in the body through slow strokes and deep pressure on the contracted areas (using hands, forearms, knuckles or elbows). This massage is focused, detailed, nuanced and deep where necessary. A whole world away from your basic Swedish Massage.
Are you growing bored with your current massage? Do you want your massage to be more effective, but you don’t want to do a Sports Massage course? On this course you will learn how to create a deeper, remedial-style massage, whilst still keeping it relaxing, holistic and enjoyable to give and receive.
What will you learn on the course?
- Why “No pain, no gain!” is NOT true!
- How to work with elbows, forearms & knuckles
- How to encourage muscles (and the client) to relax.
- How to achieve effective release with the minimum of discomfort – to you or the client
- Why massage should be all about the nervous system, not the muscles
- How to work with different types of muscle tension.
- “Force and Flow” What martial arts can teach us about massage.
This newly developed and expanded course covers ways of approaching a Deep Tissue massage along with advanced, remedial techniques.
During the two days we will also cover
- Deep Tissue Techniques
- Neuromuscular Technique (NMT) & Trigger Point Therapy [TPT],
- Hands Free techniques – how to work with body weight and posture to reduce stress on your own body.
On Day One we will look at ways of applying Deep Tissue Massage techniques to the back and shoulders.
On Day Two we will incorporate these techniques to the legs, glutes and neck.
On completion of the two days, you will be awarded an Orchid Massage Academy Certificate in Deep Tissue massage.
This course is recognised and insurable by FHT and most other insurers.
*Check with your insurer before booking as their conditions for insurance do change.
What does the course include?
- Two day workshop including tutoring & practical
- High quality learning materials to refer to throughout the course.
- Limited class size to ensure each student has personalised training and the best possible learning experience.
- Continuous email support throughout the course, from your tutor and the school principal.
- Access to Orchid Massage Academy private Facebook group, allowing you to communicate with and get support from other students and graduates.
- Informal teaching style allowing course members to ask questions and add input
Who will benefit from this course?
This purely practical two day Diploma course is designed for those already qualified in massage. The techniques you learn will enable you to be more confident, focused and specific in your treatments. This will open up your client base by being able to offer much more than a relaxation massage. You will be able to treat clients effectively, with more much confidence, whilst still being kind to your own body.
To practice Deep Tissue Massage on the general public you must be a holder of a relevant massage qualification (Level 3 or above); as knowledge and understanding of anatomy, physiology and general body massage is required.
Advanced Deep Tissue Massage Diploma course: Rochdale, Manchester.