This course is recognised and insurable by FHT and other major insurers
Are you a Reflexologist with clients who are trying to conceive? Would you like to have the confidence to treat pregnant women with Reflexology?
Whether you client is already pregnant, or they are trying to conceive, Reflexology for Pregnancy can help them to feel more positive and relaxed and bring their body into a state of balance. The body’s systems are encouraged to work to their optimum – helping you to give your client the best chance of conception and a healthy, happy pregnancy.
Reflexology for Pregnancy allows the practitioner to treat a pregnant client safely. It also prepares therapist for what to expect during their client’s pregnancy. You will understand possible causes of miscarriage and know which areas of the feet to treat or to avoid.
On completion of the day, you will be awarded an Orchid Massage Academy Diploma in Reflexology for Pregnancy. This course is recognised and insurable by FHT and most other insurers, providing you already have a qualification in Reflexology. (Check with your insurer before booking as their conditions for insurance do change.)
This course is worth 5 CPD points from FHT
What will you learn?
- Which systems of the body can be safely worked during pregnancy
- Maternity and fertility reflexology techniques
- Completing a detailed consultation
- Contraindications to reflexology in pregnancy
- Common complaints in Pregnancy
- Treating and caring for the pregnancy client
- When do you need GP or mid-wife consent and when to refer a client
What does the course include
- One day workshop including theory and practical
- Limited class size to ensure each student has personalised training and the best possible learning experience.
- Continuous email support throughout the course, from your tutor and the school principal.
- Access to Orchid Massage Academy private Facebook group, allowing you to communicate with and get support from other students and graduates.
- Informal teaching style allowing course members to ask questions and make input.
- Course notes regularly updated to include all related content.
Who will benefit from this course?
All therapists both self-employed and working in salons or spas would benefit from this specialised course. It teaches the safe positioning for mothers to be, along with a safe and relevant routine for pregnant women. Pregnant women will look for a reflexologist who is trained specifically in pregnancy reflexology, so they know it will be safe for them and their baby.
In order to be able to add this therapy to your insurance, you must be a practising reflexologist and hold a relevant reflexology qualification. If in doubt check with us and your insurer.
Reflexology for Pregnancy – Rochdale, Manchester.
What is the course content?