This introduction course offers a taster to Reflexology, hence allowing you to learn about the therapy and how to perform a basic treatment, before possibly committing yourself to a fully accredited course.
However this course will provide the ideal preparation should you wish to go onto the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology.
At the end of the course you will be awarded a Cheshire Massage Academy Certificate.
There are no formal assessments on this course.
What is Reflexology?
The theory behind reflexology is that each of the body’s organs and glands are “linked” to corresponding areas of the hands and feet. The application of pressure to the hands, feet or ears relaxes muscles and improves blood circulation. Energy is restored to the body and ultimately reflexology improves its overall condition. Using thumb, finger and hand techniques pressure is applied to specific areas of the hands, feet and sometimes ears to alleviate common ailments such as headaches, back pain, sinus colds and stress.
What is the course content?
- The history of Reflexology
- Benefits & effects of Reflexology
- Contra-indicationsto tteatment
- Consultation process
- Preparation for treatment
- After treatment care advice
- Pre & post treatment foot massage routine
- Basic Reflexology techniques
Who would benefit from this course?
This Reflexology Diploma course is suitable for those wishing to qualify as a professional reflexologist but also for those who have a genuine interest in taking the basic understanding of Reflexology further. We do offer an Introduction to Reflexology course for those clients who would like a taster prior to taking an accredited qualification. This qualification can be attained within 5-6 months.
Units within this qualification have been mapped to the relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS) and the qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) as well as being approved and supported by Skills for Health (the sector skills council for health).
What does the course include?
- One day workshop including tutoring & practical
- Personalised course folder containing all course content & additional notes
- Refreshments throughout the course
- Informal teaching style allowing course members to ask questions and make input
- Numbers are limited so teaching is kept on a personal level
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
How will I be assessed?
- There are no formal assessments on this course.
- Course Fee: £95