This introduction course offers a taster to Reflexology, allowing you to learn about the therapy and how to perform a simple treatment on family and friends. By the end of the day you will be able you to perform the basic reflexology routine so you can practice on your family and friends in a confidently.
This is fun, relaxed day where you will both give and receive a reflexology treatment.
This course will also provide the ideal preparation should you wish to go onto the VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology.
At the end of the course you will be awarded an Orchid Massage Academy Certificate.
There are no formal assessments on this course.
What is Reflexology?
The theory behind reflexology is that each of the body’s organs and glands are “linked” to corresponding areas of the hands and feet. The application of pressure to the hands, feet or ears relaxes muscles and improves blood circulation. Energy is restored to the body and ultimately reflexology improves its overall condition. Using thumb, finger and hand techniques pressure is applied to specific areas of the hands, feet and sometimes ears to alleviate common ailments such as headaches, back pain, sinus colds and stress.
Who will benefit from this course?
This introduction to Reflexology course is designed for anyone from complete novices to enthusiastic amateurs. The one day workshop offers an introduction to reflexology and all relevant theoretical underlying principles. The objective of the workshop is to allow you to be confident in your touch and understand the nature of what you are doing and by the end of day be confident to perform a reflexology routine for family and friends.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
What does the course include?
- One day workshop including theory and practical
- Limited class size to ensure each student has personalised training and the best possible learning experience.
- Continuous email support throughout the course, from your tutor and the school principal.
- Informal teaching style allowing course members to ask questions and make input.
- Course notes regularly updated to include all related content.
What is the cost?
- Course Fee: £115
The history of Reflexology
- Benefits & effects of Reflexology
- When to treat, and when not to
- Preparing for a treatment
- Advice for after a treatment
- foot massage routine
- Reflexology techniques for the whole body