Manual Lymphatic Drainage
1 Day Course
This course is recognised by FHT for 5 CPPD points. In order to qualify for FHT points or to add Lymph drainage to an FHT insurance policy, you must hold an accredited Full Body Massage qualification which is QCA regulated (ie VTCT, ITEC, NVQ or one recognised by the GCMT). If in doubt, check with your insurer before booking on the course.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage is a gentle yet effective technique to stimulate the body’s fluid circulation and to detoxify. This can have a profound effect on the weight, shape and energy levels of some clients and although anyone can be affected by retained lymph, this treatment is particularly well suited to those who are less active. Known to help with cellulite, puffiness, swollen joints, scarring, bags under eyes, eczema, stress, poor immunity, sluggish tissue regeneration, headaches and migraines.
What will I learn on the course?
• Structure and function of the lymphatic system including lymphocytes, lymph tissue, lymph vessels, lymph nodes, ducts, capillaries, spleen
• Main lymph nodes of the body
• Relationship between blood and lymph
• Contraindications to Lymphatic Drainage treatment
• Explanation and demonstration of Lymphatic Drainage Massage techniques including the four basic strokes, that can be sequenced and applied to any part of the body and incorporated into your massage routine.
You will learn about the basic functioning of the lymphatic system and how to use 4 Lymphatic Drainage Massage techniques. you will leave feeling confident to do a basic, full body lymph drainage massage on anyone suffering from problems with; circulation, detoxification, low energy levels, inflammation, oedema, cellulite, fluid retention, swollen joints, scarring, stress and low immunity; among others.
Please note that after successful completion of the Intensive course, you will be able to work on clients with an intact lymphatic system. In order to work with people who have a damaged or insufficient lymphatic system resulting in lymphoedema and related conditions, you will need to complete further training. As this is a one-day, non-clinical course, it is important that students check with their insurance company if they would be covered to treat either of the following: cellulitis, problems related to cancer and cancer treatment, burns and other problems which would require more advanced knowledge of Manual Lymphatic Drainage.
In the routine we cover the arms, legs, back and stomach. The student will receive a school certificate of attendance and the course counts towards CPD points.
What does the course include?
- Limited class size to ensure each student has personalised training and the best possible learning experience.
- Continuous email support throughout the course, from your tutor and the school principal.
- Access to Orchid Massage Academy private Facebook group, allowing you to communicate with and get support from other students and graduates.
- Refreshments throughout the course
- Informal teaching style allowing course members to ask questions and make input.
Who will benefit from this course?
Suitable for holistic therapists, massage therapists and beauty therapists
A relevant massage qualification.
Note: You can attend this course without a massage qualification, but you need to check that your insurer would cover you.