Recognised and insurable by FHT and other major insurers.
Pregnancy massage can help to reduce stress, decrease swelling in the arms and legs, and can also help to relieve aches and pains in muscles and joints. It is a popular complementary therapy during pregnancy for back pain, when choices for pain relief, such as medication, are often limited. Not only can massage be physically beneficial, but the human touch can be comforting and provide emotional support during pregnancy. Massage therapy has also been found to reduce anxiety and depression.
On completion of the day, you will be awarded an Orchid Massage Academy diploma in Massage for Pregnancy. This course is recognised and insurable by FHT and most other insurers, providing you already have a qualification in Massage. (Check with your insurer before booking as their conditions for insurance do change. )
This course is worth 5 CPD points from FHT
Pregnancy Massage Course, Manchester, Rochdale.
What will you learn
- Which parts of the body can be safely worked during pregnancy
- Massage techniques for a safe and effective treatment
- Completing a detailed consultation
- Contraindications to massage in pregnancy
- Common complaints in Pregnancy
- Treating and caring for the pregnancy client
- When do you need GP or mid-wife consent and when to refer a client
What does the course include?
- One day workshop including theory and practical
- Limited class size to ensure each student has personalised training and the best possible learning experience.
- Continuous email support throughout the course, from your tutor and the school principal..
- Informal teaching style allowing course members to ask questions and make input.
- Course notes regularly updated to include all related content
Who will benefit from this course?
All therapists both self-employed and working in salons or spas would benefit from this specialised course. It teaches the safe positioning for mothers-to-be, along with a safe and relevant routine for pregnant women. Pregnant women will look for a massage therapist who is trained specifically in pregnancy massage so they know it will be safe for them and their baby.
You must be a practising therapist and be a holder of a relevant massage qualification.
What is the cost?
Course Fee: £115