VTCT L3 Certificate Indian Head Massage
4 Days or 7 eves, plus 3 hr exam
Graduates will also be eligible to join the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC). Units within this qualification have been mapped to the relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS) and the qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) as well as being approved and supported by Skills for Health (the sector skills council for health).
Indian Head Massage (IHM) sometimes referred to as Champissage and is based on the ayurvedic system of healing which has been practised in India for over a thousand years. Indian head massage is ultimately a very relaxing form of massage. the benefits are many helping to increase joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders, improving blood circulation and lymphatic flow, freeing knots of muscular tension, relaxing connective tissue and aiding in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products. It is particularly good for reducing the effects of stress and tension, aids headaches, sinusitis, eyestrain, promotes hair growth, improves blood and lymph flow to the upper body, promotes relaxation and better sleep and is said to aid sharper thinking as it harmonises the bodys’ Chakras.
The Indian Head Massage client remains fully clothed and sits in a chair for the treatment. The therapist uses a range of different massage movements on the upper back, shoulders, back of the neck, arms, scalp and face. The treatment will usually last from 25 – 45 minutes.
What is the course content?
- History & origins of IHM
- Benefits & effects of IHM
- Use of oils
- Therapist & client preparation
- After care advice
- IHM theory
- IHM routine
- Balancing the chakras
- Anatomy & physiology of the treatment areas
Who will benefit from this course?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in holistic therapies. The course covers the full sequence of Indian Head Massage and all the related theory, including anatomy of the head, neck and shoulders.
- We recommend attending our Introduction to Massage course, but this is not mandatory.
- Educated up to GCSE level
- Good spoken and written English
- Access to a computer, internet connection and printer
- Good general health
What does the course include?
- 4 day programme including tutoring & practical, assessment, workbook tutoring & tutorial, practical and assessments
- 1.5 hour examination on the date of your choice
- Course designed to help you reach industry competence as quickly and thoroughly as possible
- Informal teaching style allowing course members to ask questions and add input
- High quality learning materials to refer to throughout the course.
- Limited class size to ensure each student has personalised training and the best possible learning experience.
- Continuous email support throughout the course, from your tutor and the school principal.
- Access to Orchid Massage Academy private Facebook group, allowing you to communicate with and get support from other students and graduates
4 Day Course: February 5th, 6th & 12th, March 6th
Final Practical Assessment: March 27th (2 hours)
- Course Fee: £340
- Registration, assessment & exam fees: £100. Please note, these fees are levied on behalf of the VTCT and are additional to the course fee. This is payable when booking on the course.
Payment Plan: We offer an ‘interest free’ monthly payment scheme (flat £20 fee) for VTCT courses which allows you to spread the full payment of the course over 3 x easy monthly payments.