An oil-free massage traditionally carried out on a mat on the floor, Thai Massage is an ancient healing system combining acupressure, Indian Ayurvedic principles, and assisted yoga postures. It also has its roots in Chinese medicine. Designed to increase flexibility, decrease stress and balance body and mind; it incorporates stretching, manipulation and acupressure. The therapist uses his or her hands, knees, legs, and feet to move you into a series of yoga-like stretches. Many people say Thai massage is like doing yoga without any work!
The theory behind reflexology is that each of the body’s organs and glands are “linked” to corresponding areas of the hands and feet. The application of pressure to the hands, feet or ears relaxes muscles and improves blood circulation. Energy is restored to the body and ultimately reflexology improves its overall condition. Using thumb, finger and hand techniques pressure is applied to specific areas of the hands, feet and sometimes ears to alleviate common ailments such as headaches, back pain, sinus colds and stress.
What does the course include?
- One day workshop including tutoring & practical
- Personalised course folder containing all course content & additional notes
- Refreshments throughout the course
- Informal teaching style allowing course members to ask questions and make input
- Numbers are limited so teaching is kept on a personal level
- There are no entry requirements for this course.