We, Orchid Massage Academy, are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We use the personal data you provide in compliance with UK data protection law and the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (GDPR).
This policy may change, so please make sure to check periodically for any updates. If you object to any of the changes to the Policy, the you must stop using this Application and can request that the Orchid Massage Academy removes your Personal Data.
Who We Are
Our address is 23 Alphonsus St, Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 7RA . We act as the data controller when processing your data. Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person is Nikki Wolf, who can be contacted at 07903 835898, or [email protected]
Under the GDPR, and UK data protection law, you have specific rights over the processing of your personal data. These include:
• A general right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
• A general right to have your information processed securely
• A right to request access (e.g. receive a copy of the personal data Orchid Massage Academy holds about you).
• A right to have inaccurate personal data corrected (rectification).
• A right to be informed about how long your personal information will be retained.
• A right to request erasure of your personal data if Orchid Massage Academy has no legal, statutory or regulatory reason for processing it.
• A right to restrict the processing of your personal information causing, or likely to result in harm or distress (subject to Orchid Massage Academy’s legal obligations for processing).
• A right to portability in certain circumstances (i.e. to have your personal data provided in machine readable format to another organisation without constraint)
• A right to object to the processing conducted by Orchid Massage Academy (e.g. for direct marketing purposes)
• A right to have any automated processing and the logic used explained to you.
• A right to complain to the UK data protection supervisory authority (the UK Information Commissioner if you believe your rights have been breached and Orchid Massage Academy have been unable to resolve the issue, and a further right to obtain judicial remedy through the courts if your complaint is upheld. For more information in how to make a formal complaint to the regulator, visit www.ico.gov.uk)
If you would like to exercise any of the rights listed above, please write to the Orchid Massage Academy Data Protection Officer at the address below.
Who do we process personal data about?
As a data controller, we process personal data about our customers, potential customers, business contacts, tutors, learning centre staff and our learners
What information do wecollect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
(b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
(c) any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
(a) Operate, maintain and monitor the website to ensure the quality, security and continual improvement of the service
(b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
(c) provide third parties (such as Google Analytics) with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
(d) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
• Establish and deliver the products and services you have contracted to receive, including fulfilment of our own record keeping and regulatory reporting obligations
• Complete payment transactions for goods and services you have ordered
• Email you with updates about our courses or issues relating to your use of our services
• Respond to your requests to be contacted or answer your queries including if you telephone, email or write to us
• Send you offers and promotional material relating to our own products and services if you have given us your consent to do so, including course, events and news which may be of interest to you.
• Managing our accounts and records
• If required by law, including responding to law enforcement authorities and competent bodies to prevent or detect crime, fraud and money laundering
Special category (sensitive) personal data
Orchid Massage Academy may collect and process special category data, only where necessary. The special category data we use is limited to:
• Evidence of physical or mental health or condition required to provide confirm eligibility for special learner adjustments. This may include evidence of your condition or needs such as a medical report, details of your needs relating to a disability, or learning difficulties. Orchid Massage Academy will not process this information for any other purpose. You have a right to withdraw your consent for processing this special category information at any time except where the processing relates to an overriding legal or regulatory obligation placed upon Orchid Massage Academy Withdrawing consent for processing medical data may result in the withdrawal or refusal for learning support arrangements.
• Orchid Massage Academy may collect and process information such as race, religion and ethnicity where we are legally required to report on statistics relating to equal opportunities, discrimination and diversity.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for the duration of any contract between us, and for a period of seven years following its termination or expiry, to ensure we are able to comply with any contractual, legal, audit and other regulatory requirements. Even if we delete your personal information it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect and use Personal Information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, and services; ensuring the security of the Services and our Websites; and for our marketing activities.
We may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (“notification data“). The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters. The legal basis for this processing is Consent.
We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us our courses. (“enquiry data“). The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant services to you. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
Where you have given your express consent to receive marketing communications, we may use your personal data to send you newsletters, surveys, information about any events, offers, and promotions, related to products and services offered by Orchid Massage Academy which may be of interest to you.
Where you have consented to marketing communications, you may change your preferences or unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email from us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
Sharing Personal Information
Orchid Massage Academy may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering (such as a potential job offer) that may be of interest to you but only where we have your consent to do so. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
Orchid Massage Academy may share data with trusted partners including:
• Legal and regulatory bodies, advisers, consultants and professional experts
• Service providers who to help us deliver our goods and services, perform statistical analysis, manage email or postal mail services or provide customer support. All service providers are prohibited, under contract from using your personal information for any purpose except to provide these services to Orchid Massage Academy and they are required to maintain the confidentiality, security and lawful use of your information.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Vocational Training Charitable Trust
Third party websites
Third party software
In order to provide you with the courses we offer, we also make use of third party software such as the ones listed below. No personal data is stored in our website database regarding these, however, it will be stored by that software provider.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilises the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services
Google may use the Data collected to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook, Inc.)
Facebook Ads conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects data from the Facebook advertising network with actions performed on this Application.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Facebook Like button and social widgets (Facebook, Inc.)
The Facebook Like button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Facebook social network provided by Facebook, Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
MailChimp which is used to generate our newsletters. For more information about MailChimp, https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Dropbox for file sharing For more information about Dropbox, please read their Privacy Notice at: https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/privacy
(a) WooCommerce. To keep track of items in the shopping cart, WooCommerce makes use of 3 cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and enables WooCommerce to know when the cart data changes.
The last cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer. so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
(b) Session cookies. These allow us to track analytical data to see how our website is performing and to allow us to improve your customer journey.
Who to contact to view, amend or delete your data
Orchid Massage Academy Ltd
23 Alphonsus St,
Telephone: 07903 835898
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Orchid Massage Academy and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website, you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Orchid Massage Academy. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Orchid Massage Academy takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control